Sunday, November 15, 2009

Talk about Synchronization!

Hello fellow hip-hoppers! Today I was browsing the internet and I happened to come across a video that blew my mind! Click here to check it out (You might want to skip the first minute and a half of the video, until they start the actual performance). The moment I finished watching the video, I knew that I had to blog about it. In all honestly, it was one of the greatest performances I have ever seen.

Performed by the JabbaWockeez, it is a perfect representation of how a proper group routine should look like. In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned what the general criteria of a perfect performance are. A good dance crew is able to capitalize on energy, articulation, synchronization, and expression, and I believe that the JabbaWockeez succeeded in doing this.

Although they were highly energetic and articulated every movement, what particularly caught my attention was the flawless synchronization of the group. It was like my eyes were playing tricks on me! Even though the routine was very complex, each group member was able to stay in sync with each other, which astounded me. For those who have read my earlier blogs you would probably recall me mentioning the fact that the JabbaWockeez were known for their marvellous ability to stay in sync with each other so well. This video proves that statement without a doubt.

If you have chosen to watch the video, I would love to hear about your thoughts on it. Furthermore, if you would like to share what you think is the greatest hip hop performance, feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment