Sunday, November 29, 2009

Penny for Your Thoughts?

For all my fellow dancers out there, I would like to ask you a question. What motivates you to dance? In most cases there is something that stimulates or inspires the person to indulge in their passion, and I would like to hear your opinions. What is it that keeps you dancing? Is it the rush that comes along with dance competitions, or the dream of one day becoming a dance instructor? Or is it the fact that you can show off your remarkable talent to all your friends? What inspires you?

In my case, I would say that the number one thing that motivates me to dance is the distant hope that I will one day make it big as a professional choreographer. As of now, my role model is Misha Gabriel, who is living out the dream that I so deeply desire. For those who have read my earlier posts, you probably recall that I chose Misha for my weekly choice of my favourite dancer. Misha is a well-known choreographer living in Las Angeles who is renowned for his amazing ability to put together remarkable dance routines (mostly hip hop). He has choreographed dances for a number of pop and hip hop legends such as Justin Timberlake, Usher, and Michael Jackson himself. To one day be as successful as Misha Gabriel would be a dream come true. This dream is the factor that motivates me the most to keep dancing.

So, what drives you to keep dancing? I would love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to respond in the comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment