Sunday, November 29, 2009

Never Give Up!

This message goes out to everyone. Whatever your passion is, whether it’s dancing, playing an instrument, playing a sport, etc., don’t be so quick to quit when it begins to get tough. There is no doubt that you will regret it in the future. If you keep pushing and pushing, you are bound to succeed. Perseverance is the key to all your endeavours.

I understand that sometimes you may feel frustrated when you can’t accomplish something, but trust me when I say that it is all worth it when you succeed. For example, a few years ago I was attempting to master a technique called “the windmill”. This was a very hard task. I spent days after days, months after months practicing this one move, but I wasn’t getting anywhere with it. I began to get frustrated and thought that I wasn’t so cut out for dance, but something kept pushing me to keep trying. Eventually, I was able to master the move, and now I am so glad that I didn’t give up.

So again, to all you dancers, musicians, athletes, or scholars out there, never give up in whatever your attempt to do. Always put your best effort into whatever you do, and if you still are unable to accomplish your goal, do not get discouraged. Your passions define who you are, and it would be a shame to throw them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment