Saturday, November 28, 2009

MY FAVOURITE DANCER (CHOICE OF THE WEEK)

Here’s another celebrity that I deeply envy and admire at the same time. He is known to be one of the best dancers in our generation and has been compared to Michael Jackson himself. His music videos have won countless awards simply because they feature him dancing. I am speaking of none other than Usher Raymond, the renowned musician who has also been crowned as the king of hip hop.

Usher Raymond IV (born October 14, 1978), who performs under the stage name Usher, is an American recording artist and actor. He rose to fame in the 1990s, releasing the album My Way in 1997 and 8701 in 2001. His success continued with Confessions (2004), which has sold over ten million copies in the United States. To date, he has sold over 40 million albums worldwide and has won five Grammy Awards. In 2008, Usher was ranked as the 21st most successful Hot 100 Singles Artist of all-time by Billboard magazine. He ranked higher than any other artist of his generation.

Usher has always been a favourite of mine. In fact, his hit single “Yeah was the first song that I ever performed to in front of an audience. After watching the music video, I was inspired to dance just like him, and I mimicked his moves in my performance. I have always been a big fan of his style, which is much like Michael Jackson’s. He takes a different approach to hip hop dancing, which is traditionally energetic and powerful. When he dances, it is smooth and slick; it is not as energetic but it is just as entertaining. His style is very unique, which is what I like to see in dancers. I hope that one day I can reach his level.

If you wish to see a video featuring a number of Usher dance routines, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment