Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Dance Team - Dynamic

Hello again fellow hip-hoppers! I have chosen to keep a bi-weekly log about the progress of the current dance crew that I am on, for those of you who are interested. The team name was originally “Dyversity”, but we found out that a dance crew with the same name already exists. For this reason, we have changed our crew name to “Dynamic”.

It has been around 2 weeks now since we originally formed the group, and I am proud to say that we have already made a lot of progress. We have already found two competitive events that we can participate in for the upcoming year and have started our choreographed performance for each.

In my last blog post about Dynamic, I explained that our choreography would be done to Walking on the Moon by “the Dream”. Personally, I liked the feel of this song and I thought that the choreography had great potential. However, the rest of the crew preferred a “harder” beat, so we switched our song to Forever by “Drake” and have started a whole new routine. So far, we have completed 4 counts of eight (around an eighth of the entire routine), which is outstanding for only one week of practice.

Judging from these first four counts of eight, I think that the routine is going to be astounding. The only problem is that the choreography is pretty complex and it might take a while to perfect it. Also, this year our first competition is earlier than usual (in January), so we are going to have practice a whole lot in the next few months. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment